View Single Post
Old 07-25-18, 03:55 PM   #17
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0

Depends of what you want inside the theme. Besides of what was already said here, you can look for:

The U-Boat: The Evolution and Technical History of German Submarines (1975) by Eberhard Rössler, development and evolution of the U-boats, from the first U1, pre-war to the u-206 type. Many diagrams and cut ways of WW1 and WW2 types.

I like the books from Jak P. Mallmann Showell, he writes in a way of talk or telling a story. He has several titles, the last I read was U-Boats of the Second World War: Their Longest Voyages. Quite good in undertsanding the life on the longest patrols to the south Atlantic, Indian ocean, etc.

There also books about the Aces, or about patrols - U-Boat War Patrol: The Hidden Photographic Diary of U-564, full of photos and descriptions of the last patrol of the CO.

I am current reading No Room for Mistakes: British and Allied Submarine Warfare, 1939–1940, by Geirr H. Haarr. The other side of submarine war of WW2, several similarities in how the crews worked and live in the subs. How the royal navy look at the submarine as a weapon, the conduct of training before the war, the patrols,the successes and defeats. I am enjoying the reading, possible will buy another book from the same author, about the early u-boat campaign, same time period.
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote