View Single Post
Old 07-23-18, 10:17 AM   #6376
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
His use of MaxOptics probably doesn't help either. The 3000 yard bearing tool is already in the game also, isn't it?...
You're right propbeanie......both of these mods (like the "Medals Fix IV for v1.5" mod) are to be used ONLY with the Stock v1.5 of the game. They are not compatible with Ultimate.

When the information states you should use the mod only with a certain version of the Stock game, it doesn't mean it can be used with any other mod for the Stock game.

As I pointed out earlier with the "Medals Fix IV for v1.5" mod.....the menu_1024_768.ini file is changed for the Stock game....and ONLY the Stock game. You add a mod like Ultimate to the Stock game (that has it's own menu_1024_768.ini file), then go back to an incompatible file like the "Medals Fix IV for v1.5" menu_1024_768.ini file.....you're asking for trouble! The last changed file will override any previously "changed" file, corrupting the original.

=======

You need to remove all your mods; do a complete CLEAN reinstall of the Stock game. Delete the Documents/SH4 folder. Use only the latest Ultimate version (v0.71), and send us an image of the HUD interface of the game. If it still looks like the Stock game, and not like my images I've posted......you don't have Ultimate added to your Stock game.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote