View Single Post
Old 07-12-18, 07:33 AM   #8023
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

^ I think you should spare your "Express" and "The Sun" opinions, after all we will not demand money back for the Personal Union, fighting Napoleon or whatever happened in the stone age, when England was not yet an island. As we saw England has always tried to divide (Europe) and rule (alone), but it remains to be seen if the EU breaks apart now.

As for 'Realpolitik' following article 50 beating 70 if you obviously like to see it that way, the 'UK' (further called 'England' here ) does not need to pay anything and can walk straight out of the room. No deal.
This will then apply for all sides. No. deal.

Problem for the EU is that it is no sovereign state, so legally it probably cannot sue England. But.. there are 27 single sovereign nations who then will. No deal, and money back. And just walking away would also do some reputational damage to the UK - if it can't trusted on past obligations, why should anyone trust it on future ones?

There are however some pro-brexit who would prefer to pay, coming full circle back to Realpolitik:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...-a8051891.html

Regarding T.'s tweet further north, i wish England a happy time with him and all that (but yes i suppose it's a prank).

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 07-12-18 at 07:48 AM. Reason: unnecessary