View Single Post
Old 07-04-18, 01:57 AM   #6281
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 457
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immelmann View Post
With the exception of chrono and gramophone not showing up, this is exactly what I experienced when I tried to use display scaling in SH4 a while back. I quickly went back to my native resolution of 1920 X 1080. This because it made it too small, and too difficult to click on, and read, the areas of the screen that I needed to. Before coming to SH3, and then SH4, I was really into FSX. I learned of display scaling with FSX back then. In both FSX and SH4 scaling really makes for a beautiful rendering of the sim enviroment. But there is a penalty. Everything that is not the main display of the sim enviroment itself shrinks. For those that don't know what display scaling is, it works something like this. You tell your graphics card to use it and the graphics card will render the image at a resolution greater than your native resolution and then shrink the whole image back down to the native resolution of your display. It makes for very nice looking graphics and I think it is a fps friendly way to get around some fps issues with aliasing, for example. But when I set my graphics card to use scaling to render at 4 times my native resolution (7680 X 4320), then shrink it back down for display on my 1920 X 1080 monitor the shrinking happened. Both in FSX and SH4, I was left with a menu bar that was 4 times smaller. Anything other than the main enviroment was 4 times smaller. In FSX, at least, there is somewhat of a solution for some of these adverse side effects available by using Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer. I am aware of no such option for SH4.

These two statements seem to me to be to be mutually exclusive. Can you clarify?

Are you sure? Can you double check that?

This sure does sound like display scaling to me. Can you check to see if you are perhaps using dpi scaling?
Hi Immelmann,

I solved my chrono and gramophone not showing up by changing a value in the menu_1080_768. Now i can see them but they are quite small (as per high resolution)
The value just moved them more in the center of screen so they can be seen.

Yes i’m Sure of my native reso because in the windows 10 panel where you change between all reso, the 2560x1440 appear the first one on the list and the only one recommanded...

As Propbeanie told me, In the compatibility tab of my sh4.exe, i saw my « display scaling on high DPI settings » was already checked...
I tried to uncheck it, but game doesn’t launch at all.
So no joy on that side.
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote