View Single Post
Old 07-01-18, 12:28 AM   #6255
Immelmann
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 106
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
Where was the contact made with the midget sub?

Along that plotted track, about where the red arrow is pointed, at around 16:00 hours on August 9th, 1942. The IJN Midget is going to be running an almost head on collision course, but maybe a few hundred yards north of that track. A nearly parallel course in the opposite direction. In other words, the IJN Midget will be tracking East Southeast. I would show up around noon and just wait. J0313, or anyone else, please let me know if you find success in intercepting this target. That would make me feel good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I don't like that your Save crashed there Immelmann. Did it crash as the "No mission too difficult" came on, or as soon as you chose the save, or somewhere between or after?... let us know what you find out.

If you can't figure the location, the mission orders would help, if you remember them, because you were just outside the circle for the patrol area, and I can get close to the location with that. I didn't write down a date for the contact when I was watching your videos though... I'll watch 'em again and see if you mention that. I'm assuming you are leaving from Midway though, and after the burning corvette... ??
I have never, and I mean never, had any success at loading a save where I was in contact with surface traffic away from port. Crashes every time. Friend or foe makes no difference. I was once in contact, and running formation with, a very large allied task force in the SW Pacific. This running TMO, as I remember. These guys were steaming to kick some serious butt and I turned to join the formation. It was so cool that I had to make a save. Load that save? No dice! So I am not surprised about the failure to load my contact with the IJN Midget. In fact I remember thinking to myself when I saved, just after contact, that it was probably an exercise in futility. Confirmed! As to how the crash unfolded, it went like this. Got the vintage photo with the progress bar. Then the message displayed, no mission too difficult. And then as I was expecting to load, into the command deck, I got a prolonged black screen. Soon followed by the MS Windows dialogue box that we all must be too familiar with. (I'm running a stripped down version of 7). By stripped down, I mean tweaked, and tuned, for Microsoft Flight Simulator X according to the guides published in forums by Nick Needham. I like my processor(s) to be unburdened. And this is why the only change that I have made in running FOTRSU v0.71 is to go into the configuration file and set maximum time compression to the maximum value of 8192. I'm running from Pearl and I have a lot of ocean to cross.

Not leaving from Midway, leaving for patrol from Pearl. You see, in order to get on station faster, I like to run at flank from Pearl to Midway. I top off the fuel there and then dial back to my standard fuel conservation speed of 10 knots. The mission orders were to patrol off Hokkaido for 5 days within the designated area. So I was headed directly for the center of that circle. The funny thing about that plot is this. The plot from Pearl, to Midway, to the center of that circle is pretty much a straight line!

I hope that I have answered all of your questions.

Acer Predator G6-720
Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700K (4.20 GHz)
16 GB DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X
256 GB NVMe SSD 2 TB SATA III SSD 2 TB SATA III HDD
Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Pure Edition
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, FOTRS Ultimate v0.90_RC3, LAA

Last edited by Immelmann; 07-01-18 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Edited to correct improper use of the english language.
Immelmann is offline   Reply With Quote