View Single Post
Old 06-25-18, 12:50 AM   #4870
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Im still confused about the U.S the term 'liberals' the word seems to ecompass the authoritarian left, which i not really fair tbh.
A true liberal will have more nuanced/balanced views on things like the role and size of government, economics, foreign policy, immigration etc. (Much like your average conservative does)
What you are seeing from your 'loudest' democrats now is not very liberal at all but far left authoritarianism.

Also take this infamous ANTIFA graffiti from the Berkeley riots for example.

'liberals' like most conservatives have enemies at both ends of the political spectrum. They should not be the enemy. An actual 'liberal' will have little problem in identifying the insane ideological dogma of the far left. - like most conservatives they might not have the backbone to speak out against it publicly.
But to be fair, we are now in a situation where doing so can quite easily cost you your job and/or reputation (if you have one).....
Look at James Demore, Bret Wienstien, Lindsay Shepard, and to some extent, Jordan Peterson, Elon Musk, & Kanye West - though those last three (like Trump) proved too robust to take down, but all are liberals or conservative moderates.
which kind of re-enforces the gyst of the article that August posted, lets face it. Failing the far lefts moral purity test is now punishable in real world terms. If that's not authoritarian I don't know what is.

Imo Liberals and conservatives are in the same boat and need to put some of there differences aside to hold the moderate line at all costs, long enough to let the already powerful far left eat it self and to also keep the less significant (real) far right at bay.

However if Civil war II did break out (and I genuinely hope it doesn't), I know who I'd put my money on.

Last edited by JU_88; 06-25-18 at 01:39 AM.