View Single Post
Old 06-13-18, 06:24 PM   #7956
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I envy you actually you lucky bugga but one thing that does annoy me is the fact that because I retired at the age of 52, I am three years short on NI contributions to receive a full state pension (£12 per week less than the wife will recive) and to make up the difference I am required to pay £2500 approximately.

Stll being 5+ years away from state retirement age I've yet to decide whether or not to make up the shortfall because you need to be in receipt of the pension for three years before you break even.

I too will be facing this situation as a non Tax/NI contributor when I get to retire in 15 odd years time. In my case jim I like the job I'm doing and the hours as well, in the terms of my rotten sciatica and knee and upper Back pain I'm able now take less pain killers by having more rest up time. I would rather do full time but I pretty sure I would be hooked on pain killers and in a poorer state health wise.

I do agree with you as you seem to me worked all your life and find out you got a short fall no fault of your own. Trouble is jim until you hit the state retirement age I don't think there is much you can do about it other than cough up the short fall.

I know I will not be able to when the time comes but hopefully I will be at the retirement age when I can bang on the DHSS desk and see if I can get any benefits. But that will be years away and the whole system would have been changed a few times by then.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!