View Single Post
Old 05-30-18, 01:04 PM   #7
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
A more radical solution - and more fruitful - is to get rid of Uplay...

Sorry I had to add this:
In some countries this is in fact *ILLEGAL*.
In my country the legislation to that topic (for software in general) is:
I can take any measures I deem useful to run my purchased software, especially in face of changing conditions of OS, technical adaptations etc. And if possible, I will not accept any cumbersome means that take away my time for doing just that. Thus my suggestion above.

It's worth reading exactly the legislation of your country regarding the usage of software. And important: any game's or software's EULA cannot be prioritized over this legislation!

2 common examples in the matter:

- I own most of the Amiga games. So I'm entitled to download an emulator together with game ROMs and run the game because it was and is the purpose of my game's purchase. (Intended Usage).

- I'm entitled to run any additional software or changed software *for personal usage* that helps running my game and was not necessary at the purchase time, e.g. because the OS conditions have changed. The fact that such software are commonly (but not officially in the realm of legislation) called 'cracked software' doesn't change the assessment and the software usage purpose. This also applies to SH5 and possible adaptations.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-30-18 at 01:33 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote