View Single Post
Old 05-15-18, 01:55 PM   #4745
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Pretty interesting and somewhat scathing article in The Federalist about Special Counsel Robert Mueller. When this whole thing started I, like a lot of people had a fairly high opinion of Mueller but that is long gone. Even a half hearted look into Mueller's past is a head shaking experience. And he seems to be keeping up with his past performances.

Quote:
What if Mueller were not some sort of avenging angel, but rather just a bumbling bureaucrat? To put it somewhat differently, why assume that the same folks who brought us Amtrak, the U.S. Post Office, and Healthcare.gov somehow knocked it out of the park with the Office of Special Counsel?

Whatever else one might say about Washington DC, it has never been accused of being a meritocracy. Rather, it has always been a place where people trade on connections.
http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/14/...w-enforcement/

Quote:
....in 2001, he landed the job of a lifetime: director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. His ascendancy did not come without words of warning. Time magazine quoted one former prosecutor, anonymously: “The cynics are saying, let him take over the FBI, it’ll be great theater, and he’ll run it into the ground in six months.” The former prosecutor was wrong. It only took Mueller one week.

Three days after 9/11, he claimed: “There were no warning signs that I’m aware of that would indicate this type of operation in the country.”

That was untrue. Indeed, the final House-Senate Joint Intelligence Committee report concluded that 9/11 might have been prevented had the FBI been on alert.
Are we to believe that Robert Mueller is going to be any better as a Special Counsel than he was as a DOJ lawyer or the head of the FBI. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke