View Single Post
Old 04-18-18, 12:48 PM   #3
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Between competing hypotheses the one that makes the fewest assumptions tends to be correct.

either:

an intoxicated mechanic / private pilot stole a four engine transport category turbine engine aircraft for which he was not rated, and crashed the aircraft in the vicinity of decreasing cloud coverage and visibility.

or:

an intoxicated mechanic / private pilot stole a four engine transport category turbine engine aircraft for which he was not rated; and the United States Air Force, realized that the aircraft he chose to steal was part of a critical, clandestine CIA operation. The aircraft had been left unguarded on the hardstand, while containing top secret documents, code books and other secretive information critical to national defense and security. In response to this realization, the USAF scrambled jets to shoot down the stolen aircraft.

seems pretty obvious.

frankly he's lucky he made it 90 minutes into the trip if you ask me.

I remember the first time i flew a large, turbine powered multi engine aircraft. I was a flight instructor with over 1,000 hours flight experience at the time. It was like trying to drink from a fire hose. and i wasn't flying at tree top level to avoid radar, after having one too many drinks at a party just hours before.