View Single Post
Old 03-01-18, 12:06 AM   #173
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

I know the Great State of Maryland considers hand guns a regulated fire arm. They can not be gifted and I think that goes for private sales too nor can they be purchased on behalf of someone else. On the other hand most rifles and shotguns are not regulated in that way. Though when I purchased a Remington Model 870 for the wife the guy behind the counter at the sporting goods store I got it from warned me I couldn't gift it. I just smiled at'em, and said OK. Last gun show I went to was in South Carolina in 2001. I purchased a nice pre-import C&R Venezuelan Navy 7mm FN-49. Fairly easy thing to do, in fact maybe too easy. I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more done about getting background checks at shows.

As far as POTUS thoughts on regulations go: "He called for a comprehensive gun control legislation that would expand background checks to weapons purchased at gun shows and on the internet, keep guns from mentally ill people, secure schools and restrict gun sales from some young adults. He even suggested a conversation on an assault weapons ban."

Its a good start but again he is not the dictator for life, so we'll see. An assault weapon ban is stupid as it goes after a weapons looks not their function. For instance the last one classified an AR-15 as one but not my FN-49 or K-43. The ban made no sense its purpose was simple to make the politicians look good. Its been said the last ban backfired on them so its unlikely we'll see another.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-01-18 at 09:52 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote