Old 02-07-18, 02:20 PM   #7691
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252
Uploads: 0

So, these official forecasts have finally been revealed:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42977967

Quote:
Every nation and region of the UK would see slower economic growth as a result of Brexit, according to estimates by government officials.
The forecasts, seen by MPs, model the 15-year impact of the UK staying in the single market, doing a trade deal with the EU or leaving without a deal.
In each scenario, growth would be lower, by 2%, 5% and 8% respectively, compared with current forecasts.
The government says it does not cover all outcomes.
I do find it very ironic that the hard-line Brexiteers like Mogg and Redwood have treated these figures in almost the exact same way that equally hardline SNP supporters treat the GERS figures.

My own view is that these and GERS have a core of truth, but need to be treated with caution rather than taken as gospel.

In the meantime, one of Labour's Scottish contingent finds himself in a spot of bother:

Labour MP Hugh Gaffney sorry for 'deeply offensive' Burns Supper remarks

Quote:
A Labour MP has apologised after making "deeply offensive and unacceptable" remarks at a Burns Supper in Edinburgh.
Hugh Gaffney said he would undergo equality and diversity training following the comments about the LGBT community and Chinese people.
Mr Gaffney, who is MP for Coatbridge, Chryston and Bellshill, made the comments at a Labour students' event
A bit of pot calling the kettle black, Mr Postman MP?

Scottish Labour MP Hugh Gaffney 'heckled over weight and accent'

Unfortunately this does highlight the primary deficiency of Labour's Scottish Branch Office: not only lacking in talent, but in brains as well.

Little wonder that Nat One (Sturgeon) regularly stomps on Richard Leonard during FMQ's!

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.

Last edited by MGR1; 02-07-18 at 02:33 PM.