View Single Post
Old 02-05-18, 12:46 PM   #1691
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

What a weekend. A few of my random observations...

Harry Kane should be ashamed of himself. Until diving can be reviewed and more importantly, disciplined, post-match, this stuff will continue. I think the level of the con is directly proportional to the size of the grimace. Robben has grimace-face down to an art. When the grimace is turned toward the referee so he can see it better, it's an extra 2 games on the suspension. Make me the diving czar and I will stamp it out right quick.

Simulation is the single worst thing about the game (aside from clubs paying agents' fees and Sam Allardyce blaming his players)., but it will never stop unless it is punished. As it stands, all you need to do is deceive the ref. Job done. No fear of being penalized after the match. This needs to change.

Like Mapuc, this was my first chance to see a full Newcastle match. They showed heart and desire, seemed athletic and fit. But they lack quality, all over the pitch. Heart and desire can only take you so far. They needed to bring in a match winner or two. Should they go down, the lack of impact signings in this window will surely be a big part of the reason. If Shelvey is your best player, you lack quality. This isn't exactly news to TOON fans, but clearly evident even to neutrals like me. They need a proven finisher.

Breaking news: Harry Kane qualifies for England Olympic team. Will compete in 10-meter springboard. Says England coach Rip Sprinkle-Waters "You saw the tiny make believe bicycle Harry was riding as he fell? Judges love that. Worth an extra five-tenths easy"

Mo Salah is a magician. Never imagined the impact he would have on his return to England. What a great story, and he's easy to root for. Was he offside for 'Pool's second? Awesome goal. Too bad Lamela went to Robben's School of Grimacing. Ol' Arjen himself must be quite proud.

It must have been a penalty because afterwards, Lamela said, it hurt. This shot is what, a half second after contact? That's a mighty quick grab of the old hammy and the grimace is timed perfectly, although he's failed to spin it around so Moss could have a better look. Gotta work on that Erik, otherwise, brilliant work.

Le Professor is clearly out of it. He got himself a fine win, yes. All is OK again, right? I'm sure Ramsey will be banging them in for fun the rest of the season. I couldn't re-find the quote for this post, but I saw how he was saying how he needs more defensive depth, and was lamenting how he would have to soldier on with youth teamers and reserves. He said this the day after the window closed! If I were a Gunner, I'd be stoopid drunk until Wenger is gone. And then for a while after just in case.