View Single Post
Old 01-21-18, 05:00 PM   #695
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlechter pfennig View Post

* I find WAC 5.0 to be stable for the most part; I've had only 2 CTD during a patrol. I can usually, but not always, load saved games without CTD. Oddly enough if I do CTD trying to load a saved game, I can get it to load on the second (or third), attempt. The load times are a pain, but no worse that GWX Gold, and, unlike GWX Gold, I can actually load saved games.
Great, without full interiros it might be more stable.

Quote:
* I run graphics settings at max, and get no stuttering except when close to ports and trying to run a TC greater than 32-64, which is understandable. The external camera is "iffy": it often acts buggy. Sometimes it's not centered on the ship/plane, and you wind up somewhere up in the sky or under the water.
Only around harbours?

Quote:
* SH3Commander light will CTD me every time. It'll start WAC but once I start the mission itself I CTD. Reloading the game and career afterwards works, but I seem to lose all the Commander settings.
I have to test this!

Quote:
* Some British ships are still sailing with full lights, even as late as December 1939 (which is as far as I've gotten so far! )
That can only be a hospital ship, I think because the british roste does not have enlighted ships.

Quote:
* No diesel sounds; it's as quiet as a church mouse
Not in all subs, I think. Which type?

Quote:
* Much as it's pleasing to get a perfect back-breaking keel shot, it seems there are far too many ships breaking in half, especially from a single torpedo.
Could be the new zones.cfg file

Quote:
* Much as I love the waves, even at 7 m/s my Type VIIB turm is fully exposed at periscope depth a good 50% of the time. (Was that intentional?)
It was intentional to get good waves.

Quote:
* Is Stiebler's 4B addon for H.sie_V16B1 patch compatible with WAC 5.0? If not, are there any plans to do so?
I did never test. Does it need special requirements?

Quote:
* Is there a time delay setting for the pullout dials (ex. depth, speed, heading), so that they don't instantly pop out if you just glide the cursor over them? Even a half-second delay would be a godsend for me.
There might be that option, althogh I am no GUI expert and this GUI was mae years ago.

Quote:
* Have the range definitions been changed? My lookouts will call out "long distance" and I'll check it out with the UZO to see that the spotted ship is 2,400 meters away . . . that's not "long distance"!
Actually no, but I have to check!

Quote:
* Is there a mod that changes the map contacts so that there are no tails and no colours?
There is, but not from myself:

* I have found two commands that generates the "No officer at helm station": [cont-page up], and [cont-page down]

* Not sure if this matters, but in Data/Sea/EnglishNames.cfg CLMontecuccoli==Light cruiser Montecuccoli has a doubled ==

Again, thanks for a very incredible mod![/QUOTE]