View Single Post
Old 12-23-17, 09:13 AM   #5619
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzBegonia View Post
Does anyone encounter the screen flashing? My game screen suddenly begin to rapidly flashing with black a few days ago and it was so annoying
The flashing part is usually the water surface, half of it near by the horizon...
(Using) GTX1060 with 1920*1080 res...
With that video card, I'm suspecting you're using Windows 10? What's the Windows 10 version......1703; 1709? And, what's the "OS Build"? I'm only curious to see if you have the latest "Updates" to your OS. Although, the latest updates of Windows does not address a problem that's inherent with a significant feature of rendering graphics on your computer.

DirectX 12 comes with Windows 10, but a little known fact is DirectX 12 does not support legacy versions of DirectX. SH4 requires the older DirectX 9.0c version. Without it, all kinds of video issues can arise. On the games original install wizard (when using the original game disk to install) you're asked if you wish to add DirectX 9.0c to your computer. A player should always do this. If you've installed from some other source, like a Steam Download, I have no idea if you were asked to add DirectX 9.0c or not?

Microsoft has provided a way of checking/updating your DirectX build to provide the older versions drivers. I outline this in Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install, found on this SubSim's Forum page. A direct link to my specific page regarding the Microsoft "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer" is HERE. I would follow the instructions found there to have DirectX run as it should.

I don't know if this will correct your issue, but its defiantly something everyone needs to be aware of and correct when using DirectX 12.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote