Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 12-14-17, 07:46 AM   #5554
Gewehr 43
Swabbie

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Good morning, everyone. I'm getting back into SH4 after a very long hiatus and am using FOTRSU. So far, on my third patrol as the skipper of the Harder, I'm having a grand old time.

I have a couple of questions with respect to the mod and its functionality.

1. My play style is "dead is dead" and I've left a couple of early-war boats on the bottom of the Pacific thanks to aircraft. Without radar, is there a reliable way to avoid aircraft?

2. In reading this thread, I see that minefields and torpedo nets are modeled in the game. I know the Navy had at least partial information on minefields during the course of the war. Do we, as captains have any intel on them?

3. My damage control team doesn't seem to do anything. I've got the team staffed with fresh people, the damage control team is activated (or I'm at battle stations), and I've prioritized a lightly-damaged subsystem, yet the damage never gets repaired. Is there something I'm missing?

4. Do promotions and/or medals actually mean anything?

Thanks for the team's efforts on this mod. It strikes a pretty perfect balance of gameplay, realism, and challenge for my play style and I'm really enjoying it!
Gewehr 43 is offline   Reply With Quote