View Single Post
Old 11-25-17, 08:31 AM   #2671
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

25th November 1917

Western Front

String German counter-attacks at Bourlon; enemy regain parts of the village.

French attack in Samogneux district, north of Verdun; they take 800 prisoners.

Eastern Front

In Russian centre (near Baranovichi) the troops continue to fraternise with the enemy.

Southern Front

Heavy mountain fighting between the Brenta and Piave; enemy attacks repulsed.

Fresh Austrian attacks in Albania; on night of 25th-26th enemy force passage of River Osum.

Asiatic and Egyptian Theatres

Mounted troops capture Ain Karim, four miles west of Jerusalem.

British patrols, after crossing Auja river forced back by hostile infantry.

Ship Losses:

Iniziativa (Italy) The sailing vessel was torpedoed and sunk in the Mediterranean Sea south of Sicily by SM UC-67 ( Kaiserliche Marine).
Karema (United Kingdom) The cargo ship was sunk in the Mediterranean Sea 33 nautical miles (61 km) south east of Cabo de Gata, Andalusia, Spain (36°30′N 1°32′W) by SM U-39 ( Kaiserliche Marine) with the loss of three crew.
Oriflamme (United Kingdom) The tanker struck a mine laid by
UC 63 (Karsten von Heydebreck) and sank in the English Channel 9 nautical miles (17 km) south of the Nab Lightship ( United Kingdom). Her crew survived.
Ostpreussen (United Kingdom) The cargo ship struck a mine laid by UC 11 (Karl Dobberstein) and sank in the North Sea 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km) east of the Shipwash Lightship ( United Kingdom) with the loss of a crew member.
Ovid (United Kingdom) The cargo ship was torpedoed and sunk in the Mediterranean Sea 65 nautical miles (120 km) north east of Suda Bay, Crete, Greece by SM UC-74 ( Kaiserliche Marine) with the loss of two of her crew.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote