View Single Post
Old 11-18-17, 02:28 PM   #38
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraznyi_oktjabr View Post
There is also the question of reliability of those translators. I haven't checked for awhile but last time when I tried to translate stuff from Finnish to English with Google Translator (about a year ago), the result was barely intelligible nonsense.

My employee commented recently that quality of translation with Google Translator from Finnish and to her native Japanese is still lousy. Her Finnish friend had tried to send polite thank you message using Google Translator. Unfortunately translator chose expressions which were very rude to put it mildly.

I have no idea how reliable translations from Russian to English are as I don't have knowledge to judge them. However I'm still quite skeptical with automated translations. They are better than nothing but way too often not much.

Good point. If one doesn't speak the language in question, how does one know the accuracy of the translation. I wasn't aware that some of the translations could be so wrong as to be rude. Hopefully, they are just glitches that are being ironed out but it's definitely something to keep in mind.

Thanks for the information.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote