View Single Post
Old 11-18-17, 10:37 AM   #1360
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I remember tuning the rig on our Peterson 44. With ol' Ivar Dedekam's instruction in hand I went about tuning the rig at the dock then at sea under sail to get it just right.

We didn't exactly have a manual but two guys on our quay have done this-including our live-aboard crewmate ; so it was a group effort...I'll confine myself to bicycle wheel spoke adjustments in the future. We lost a guy last year when his mast collapsed on him in a 'beer-can race'... and I always think worst case scenario! Oddly, I was the one who noted the stays seemed 'awfully stiff' w/o the usual 1 in. of play when we got the boat back down the to our marina from the refit. The stays are a year old as one had frayed a while back, with a few wire strands unraveling, so we had the whole boat redone by a pro rigger.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote