View Single Post
Old 10-31-17, 02:23 PM   #1
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Default Should we start a topic on basic tactics?

I'm just wondering if it would be a good idea or "tumble weeds"?

As many of you know, there are four basic ways to play DW:

"Submarine Simulator"- Slightly beyond the scope of DW but appealing to some. We know how many real ships have been sunk by torpedoes since WWII ended. We always ventilate and charge air at PD unless its a spec op. We play one platform for two years at a stretch and its cavitation curve is tattooed on the back of our hand, just in case.

"Mission and Campaign hounds"- We love good missions and well thought out campaigns, unless WE had to write them. Think about it, have you ever shelved
a mission for six months after you finished creating it and shaking out the bugs just so you'll forget the script? We have a picture of Bill Nichols on the wall because its the right thing to do. We have at least 8 saved games at any one time.

"MP"- My hat is off to you folks. I don't know how you do it, I really don't. Five week's worth of setting up a 4 vs 4 match and two players are still lagged out ("Sorry, that was my fault..") while one more had to bail due to "IRL". The good news was that they were able to find a replacement, the bad news they forgot to mention was that they found them on a GTA5 server and your new player is really a Master Of Chaos.
You'll know this within the first five minutes because they've brought a knife to a sniper's tournament.
Still, you persist and "We'll try it again next week!".

"Let's see what this button does.."- The new Mod is out! Admit it, you launched an ICBM two minutes after you saw your first playable boomer.
That new attack boat rocks, no wait, the new patrol plane is better, no wait, its the frigate, no wait, the helo is the best.. Gee, if only there was a mod that let us control 8 or 10 platforms at the same time. We've all been there, its OK. That READ-ME!!!! pdf may as well be carved into a memorial on the far side of town 'cuz that ain't how we roll.

So, keeping all of that in mind, would it be worth it to talk about basic tactics?
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote