View Single Post
Old 10-18-17, 08:46 AM   #5413
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I'm going to try a few experiments on my two installs here torpedobait, and see what I come up with, with the discrepancies. I'm thinking its "dates", which CapnScurvy alludes to. I'll look at the dates of availability of the radar, and start a new campaign after that date, and see what it does, and I'll do the single missions a few more times. You haven't had the periscope radar fail in the SingleMission, especially after diving?

Like the Capn says, I think the game loses "count" somewhere along the way in the game, and the further you go in the game continuously, the worse it gets, and probably each "Save" game contributes to it...

Edit: I missed this -

There is some difference apparently, but I have no idea where it lays. I've experienced similar with modding in keltos01's Climb Mount Niitaka, where a conning tower on the Kaidai3b would be in the campaign, yet would disappear in the SingleMissions. There are similarities with other aspects of the game, which makes a SingleMission as a "test" for the Campaign almost invalid. It can help, but is not the be-all, end-all of tests. The best way to test the campaign is to use the campaign, but setting that up can be a bother and a half... Which brings to mind, can you zip up your game Save folder (mydocuments / SH4, or whatever you're using) - just the save folder, and post it somewhere I can download it? I'm not sure if you can do attachments on PMs here...
I can send some Save files via email if that would work. Those files cover an entire career! I'm guessing that is more than you could use. Let me know if there is a particular time period/range and I'll zip those. I assume you mean "SaveGames" and not "RichSaveGames"? I think I still have your email address.

As for the time issues (if they exist) I tried to add the Periscope radar first when it became available to me in January 1945. I then tried adding in (I think) March 1945. Still won't come alive. The radars are just dead. What concerns me more than any time issue is that the new radar is present no matter when I add it, at least according to the buttons on the radar command bar, but they don't work.

I did not try to dive in the Single Mission.

EDITED: I just completed the Single Mission. After completing a dive to 200' and coming back up to periscope depth, I raised the Night scope. All radars worked just fine (It was fun killing the Yamato again - took only ten torpedos this time.

I also loaded a file from my career with an in-port Midway date of 06-12-1945. I upgraded to the ST Periscope Radar and started the mission. It had me start on 06-24-1945 with orders to proceed to the area off Bungo Suido. I immediately went to periscope depth, raised the Night scope, and made sure all the radars were activated. If you can see the attachment, nothing. No power, no sweep, nothing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SH4Img@2017-10-18_09.56.21_135.jpg (25.4 KB, 9 views)

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All

Last edited by torpedobait; 10-18-17 at 09:27 AM.
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote