View Single Post
Old 10-09-17, 09:17 AM   #5371
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The orange marker is in "Drive:\ Game ... \ Data \ Misc \ UMark.dds", whatever your path to the Data \ Misc folder is. If you happen to have a copy of TMO, just copy the one from it, re-name the one in FotRSU temporarily, and replace it with the one from TMO, which is basically a "transparent" image file, so the ocean shows through the UMark...

As far as the underwater ocean "clarity", I dunno if I'd go messin' in there... though max-peck did some experiments with that... I'm not sure I can find his old files, or if he happens by here, maybe he still has them... ?? From what max did earlier, he couldn't see any adverse effect on the enemy AI, though that has been know to happen in some mods...
I can't remember who sent it to me, but I have a .7z file called FOTRSU Unmark Removal that works perfectly in JSGME. I could upload it if anyhone wants it. There is also a download out there called Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visibility. I confess to running both of them with FOTARSU v0.63 with nary a problem - they also worked with v0.62. Another one that I run (those are the only 3, I promise) is Webster's Stop the Shouting. It gets rid of that annoying screaming by the crew after the boat takes a little damage. I have them loaded through JSGME in the order discussed above and have never had a CTD or other anomaly attributable to any of them. They've been around for quite a while and should be considered "seasoned". I know Propbeanie and RR would prefer we test only with a bare-bones install of FOTARSU, but I just couldn't help myself!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote