View Single Post
Old 10-09-17, 03:51 AM   #105
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Well we're glued to our tv sets power outages permitting and I've tried to post this twice now. (4) big fires are at Napa with bone dry conditions and evacuations ordered. Firefighters are not attacking the fire yet, concentrating instead on more vital evacuations ...especially in a remote rugged are known as Atlas Peaks. House are clearly burning. Churches in town are setting up as evac centers and residents are advised to have a car prepped with food, clothes, etc ready-to-go. Embers are blowing all over from 30-50 mph winds and the smoke is evident at my abode with tree branches blown onto the roof with crashing sounds as I post my particular street is 10-15 miles from the worst blaze; at 01:45 the night will be long and fire is the devil's only friend. My CA fire chief neighbor,in charge of communication and coordination is already out somewhere and we've heard the (his) command center has already moved a few times as the situation shifts rapidly. More on this later....(edit: power went out 1 minute later, just after this post, till Tuesday PM fires all night Saturday to the East West and just North of my house.)

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 10-10-17 at 04:47 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote