Kapten Nemo
Watch

Downloads: 209
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbow View Post
Hello To All Salts,
I'm looking for some help.
Does anyone know how to go about getting maybe two installs of SH5 on two different hard drives on same System ?
I have seen a post by 'BAKA', but I'm looking for a step-by-step guide as to how this could be done. Especially so that one install in no way affects the other(s).
I want to keep one for playing the game with TWoS etc, and another for trying & testing out mods.
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards lowbow.
I am playing with 3 install of SH5 at the moment, SH5 with TWoS, SH5 with Wolfes from the Deep, and the other SH5 stock with JSGME.

I done it with this "SH5 Install Switch by Targor Avelany" http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=199672

We just copy and paste the stock Ubisoft/Silent Hunter5 folder to any location in same drive or other drive, and change the folder name a bit like Ubisoft/SH5 TWoS or Ubisoft/SH5 WftD if we copy/paste it to same drive, and then run the SH5 Install switch.exe to choose which SH5 we want to play.

Do not forget to manually change or rename the Documents/SH5 folder every time we change the SH5 version, SH5 always use the Documents/SH5 folder name regardless whatever version we play, so if we want to play SH5 stock version run it with Documents/SH5 folder, but if we play other version like Ubisoft/SH5 TWoS, then we must rename the Documents/SH5 folder to other name like Documents/SH5 Stock, so we get the other Documents/SH5 folder and the right save game file. In my documents folder right now I have Documents/SH5 folder, Documents/SH5 TWos folder and Documents/SH5 WftD folder. Which version we want to play just change the associated documents folder to Documents/SH5.

Last edited by Kapten Nemo; 09-16-17 at 10:37 PM.
Kapten Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote