View Single Post
Old 09-15-17, 03:23 AM   #2
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

I guess we can say that there is indeed is some global warming happening, this is not "fake news" like some want to believe.

I read somewhere that an additional temperature rise of only 0,5 degrees Celsius of the mexican gulf surface waters, will make hurricanes twice as violent.
Global warming is also 'supported' by the sun which has been very active in the last decades, however we sure do not help the situation with blowing CO2 and other gas into the atmosphere, let alone setting free the energy being stored away for millions of years, with burning the fossil fuel batteries as if there was no tomorrow.
if the temperature rises enough to thaw those methane hydrates in the mexican gulf and Siberia there will be no stop possible, it is a self-energizing effect.

"Not anything that can be done about it" ?
Not directly right now in India in forbidding them their AC, no.
But put our heads in the sand and deny it all?
One should think that supporting research on alternative energy sources that have not as much environmantal impact, would be not the badest of ideas. But some obviousy have no idea, and they are sitting at the helm.

The thing is that slow research does not yield instant presentable results some president wants to be immediately be praised for; such policies need decades to develop and take effect, and it will be too late.

I am for a strictly logical scientific leadership with the right to burn dumbs and deniers publicly, on the spot

Not really, but why do we allow certain.. people to set the ways for the future, and our downfall

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote