View Single Post
Old 09-13-17, 03:19 PM   #8
Zinmar
Commander

Downloads: 276
Uploads: 0

I like not needing to do it. If I wanted to play a sonarman on a boat I'd buy that game. I'm the skipper and shouldn't have to do that. That's the whole reason of having a crew. So when this is fully released and modders can gp to town leave options. While some want to do all of that work many don't. Strike a happy medium, if you make an ubber mod for the game have options in there for those not wanting to work every station. I love what modders at this place do but virtually everyone wants to man and control each station. It took me forever to get mods running where I don't have to do that. The sad part is I still can't play SH5 with the megamods because I can't get it so I just skipper the boat and let the TDC do the job. Instead I need to make the course corrections, fine tune the angle determine ship type and speed. Call me casual or lazy but that isn't what I want out of a game. I love the realism setting for this, improve some minor things and I might not go back to SH4.
Although, that is one thing I like about SH4 compared to this we are given a target region to patrol and we go there. I have the option of running in the map with TC on or I can go to the sub itself and watch it crashing through the waves or sneaking along the bottom, just above the rocks. with this we are given our targets and sent after them. I'd like to see more of the ocean then just where we are playing. The game is too dependent on what happens with this one sub. One missed mission and the war takes a bad turn, too many and the war is lost. What about all of the other boats that the countries have. Sure this is based off the old Red October but change it up, expand our options. They avoided the PC changing the course of the war in the silent hunter series because one boat can't make or break a war. I guess I just want to be able to see and do more, guess that's why they call them betas.
Zinmar is offline   Reply With Quote