View Single Post
Old 09-08-17, 11:42 AM   #7
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Chrome is secure from a malware-related point. No other browsers get patched as often and quickly. The big negative is that Google denies you any privacy with it. Security top, privacy flop. Fail.

Explorer: dont cry for it. No other browser got attacked as much as this one. Fail.

Firefox: the only browser amongst the big ones that I know that allows oyu both security and privacy. Seal it up, have a few addons adding to safety (ask for adds and I gove a short list), and enjoy. If you constantly run into problems with it, then most likely the prioblem is with your generla system, connection, whatever. The browser itself runs very stable both under Windows 7 and Linux Mint. Pass.

You could check out Opera. Years ago I used it, and it was quite good in security and privacy, but then they messed up the UI and thought they had to reinvent the wheel, and it became a mess and they lost half their user base, they also went with some stuff by Google. I have not followed it since years anymore, I am happy with Firefox now. But Opera is maybe worth to be re-checked out. But I promise you nothing. Unknown.

My vote goes for Firefox.
well firefox works great until you come across certain websites that have some sort of compatibility issues which I assume are somehow cookie related, but if you use one of those websites it goes into endless cookie loading and being blocked issues until it freezes, then you have to reload the page and it happens again. sometimes its not the main page but when you open a forum post is when it does it. its just one or two websites I have issues with but I use those 40% of my online activity so its something of a huge problem for me but I don't know what is so different about those websites software that causes issues

I love using firefox except for this issue but its very similar to the problems explorer has where some pages wont load because of (im assuming) the same loading cookies issues. plus explorer is slow as a turtle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I switched from IE to Chrome some years back. I'm not allowed to endorse Chrome but I can say I don't have any big complaints.
well I don't agree with googles privacy invasion policies or their SJW politics and censorship so chrome is definitely NOT what I want unless I have no other choice, and I mean "absolutely" no other choice.

why Microsoft made "edge" incompatible with older OS is infuriating but SOP for those crooks trying to force win 10 down our throats.

from what I am hearing, it seems like my only two good options are, use chrome and have everything I do online recorded and sold to spammers or upgrade to win 10 (which I don't like at all) and then I can use edge browser that comes with it

Last edited by Webster; 09-08-17 at 12:00 PM.