View Single Post
Old 08-29-17, 08:57 AM   #2105
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

My quick review of these 2 films I've just watched with 2 blondies as the leading ladies, or should I say I watched 1 and gave the other 20 minutes and that includes the credits, although I just wonder why anyone would want to be associated with that load of junk beats the hell out of me..... so from bad to good let the blondes fight it out.

Rogue Warrior: Robot Fighter.
Atomic Blonde.

What would a character from TV's Baywatch have something in common with a world inhabited by exterminator like robots in a dystopian future?, the answer is simple, read on.
If you like sci-fi and a blonde bimbo lead character who's spent upwards of $50 grand on plastic surgery and botox you might like this film, I gave it 20 minutes before turning it off, I know I'm a sucker for punishment but even I had the common sense to turn it off before I'd got my brain frazzled beyond repair.
Anyway the film starts on a world where everything is protected from the sun and sand, well I should say not everything is protected as her bright blue eyes and 5 inch of cleavage attested to that fact, (I was already thinking she'll end up as blind as a bat and have seriously sun burned breasts if she stays on that planet too long).
Anyway Back to the film, this blonde bint has to go into battle against an AI that's bent on galactic domination (I'm sorry to say that this is not the Borg she's going up against as that would have been a great start to a film).
What else can I say, oh yes its all cgi crash bang wallop with a plot line that's got no substance to it apart from all the botox stuff injected into the lead character of course and I found out in the credits that the female lead was also a producer of the film as well, enuff said me thinks.

Stay Away from it rating, 9 out a 10.

Now this other film is a Harry Palmer cold war spy thriller type film, just think of a hot blonde who's a cold hearted killer and with a penchant for physical violence and you've got the makings of a decent film.
Now I don't usually watch these types of films as I find them all a bit slow and ponderous but this one came recommended and it didn't let me down, it is slow in a lot of places but when the action starts it was fascinating to watch a female trained killer giving as good as what she gets.
The fight scenes were cool and brutal with no quarter given by any side, it was also nice to see the blonde getting a thick lip for once as usually they portray them as unbeatable killing machines and end up after a fight looking better than they when it bloody started (I was thinking at the time whoever choreographed some of those fight scenes knew what they were doing and needless to say I was pretty impressed).
Such impressive action credentials were let down by too many plot lines I thought but it wasn't enough to have me reaching for the off button as our heroinne gets up and at em, funnily enough I was thinking I wouldn't mind getting up and at her myself if I could just shoot her in the arms and legs first.

Worth watching rating, 7 out a 10.