View Single Post
Old 08-25-17, 10:25 AM   #5230
Admiral Lutjens
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 73
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You're modding your Steam v1.5 install correct? and not the v1.3? Or how does Steam do those installs? Even if you're on a different drive, did you change the folder structure so that there is NOT a "Program Files" folder name involved? Microsoft will "protect" any folder is deems is a system folder, including an "H:\ Program Files \" folder, and prevent mods from retaining the changes, especially the cfg files (found that out for myself in Vista 64 a few years ago)... Also - did you get rid of the "My Documents \ SH4" folder? That's your old Save folder and it ~will~ contaminate a fresh install. The only way to avoid that is to use MultiSH4 for different installs...
My install on C: would go to program filesX86 > steam > steamapps > common > SH4 and it wouldn't let me create another folder for the DL to go to so I created another drive, but that was completely deleted.

Now it's E: > steam > steamapps > common > SH4

Same result....stopping at loading screen and will crash to desktop after I open task manager and click through the error messages.

I have JSGME starting in my SH4 folder, would that be an issue? Something isn't adding up somewhere. I'm sure that together we can resolve this..I thank you all so much for your hard work, advice, and patience...I love this game so much and am recently getting back into it.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...=1#post2671928
Admiral Lutjens is offline   Reply With Quote