View Single Post
Old 08-25-17, 09:29 AM   #1
Jackdaw
Watch

Downloads: 214
Uploads: 8
Default Nomograph replacement

Hi Folks!

I think that the nomograph/nomogram (N) is a very useful aid in Silent Hunter. Looking for a quite normal "N" in Yards/NM (SH4) I found quite by chance the so called Nautical Slide Rule. See the pictures.
The three kinds of computing operations you can do with a "N" are also to solve with this instrument and
- much more easier,
- faster
- and (so it looks) more precise.
An additional advantage is that the "N" in the ingame map/chart becomes needless. Good for the frame rate and the overview.

Unfortunately I could not find a picture of the second or inner disc of the ruler. It seemed that it was interestingly only produced (and used (?)) in the USA; a german search brought no positive results. Further people can buy it but it will no longer be new produced. I am, as we say in german, " bin nicht der größte Bastler vor dem Herrn" (I am
not the greatest hobbyist before the Lord.(??)) and therefore I post this little tool with the hope that perhaps someone who has the skill, the time and fun to do it can build a replica for the area "utilities". I can imagine that it will probably "sell" like hot cakes?!

Jackdaw is offline   Reply With Quote