View Single Post
Old 08-25-17, 08:33 AM   #5229
rpembert
Watch

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I can't think of a thing we changed between 62 & 63 that would create the reliability... If you were into 1944 by chance, OK, but you're not.. Did you go into the Game Play Settings from the Captain's Office before you went out on patrol? Click on that wooden radio console over to the left side of the room, and change the settings there, and see how they do... I had five out of six duds just the other day using the contact pistol... Very frustrating to watch a flat top go by you at 24 knots, at 740 yards, then speed up to 30+ when they see a torp, which I had been anticipating that, and shot one shot dead center and the next five out front, only to have just the one torpedo go off, and the CV not even slow down... The DD screen sure did though, and half of them then sat on top of me for a good little while - for over an hour, doing damage just about everytime they passed over me. By the time they left, I barely got back to the surface, and had to call it quits for that patrol... Better than the one a few weeks before that, where they got me on the 2nd pass though...

I go through the Captains "radio" and adjust all my settings from there and Duds are selected. I just thought I would have a lot more problems out of the torps. I am using SHIV 1.5 by the way.