View Single Post
Old 08-22-17, 10:59 PM   #24
PoorOldSpike
Seaman

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Well gentlemen, I see this sensational thread is refusing to die a natural death even though I conclusively demonstrated in my earlier decisive screenshot that the numbnuts Perry crew WON'T automatically fire SAMs and the 76mm gun against incoming anti-ship missiles to defend themselves, they'll only autofire the Gatling and chaff/flares.
To clarify the matter further, here are two more fabulous screenshots from tests I conducted today-

1- The ONLY way to make the Perry fire SAMs is to manually assign targets yourself with a 4-step clickfest process, namely left-click the skimmer/ right click it/ engage with/SAM.
Clearly if a number of missiles are coming in simultaneously you have to do a frantic clickfest to manually assign the SAMs against them and will finish the gaming session in a state of mental collapse and be strapped into a straitjacket by paramedics to be whisked off for urgent trauma therapy.
Here you see my SAM flying (the curved smoke trail) after I manually assigned it to a skimmer.
The Gatling is firing too because I set 'CIWS Auto' at the start of the game so it'll always fire without having to be told (unless its firing arc is blocked by the vessels superstructure) bless its little heart (sniffle)

2- Likewise, the ONLY way to make the 76mm gun fire is to manually assign it to target individual skimmers via the same 4-step clickfest.
I set it to "rapid fire" and it's dramatically banging away boom-boom-boom, and the Gatling has also automatically joined the party as usual-
(Remember to turn the ship if you have to, to give the 76mm a clear firing arc, as it and the Gatling are on the rear decking and therefore won't be able to engage anything coming in on the bows unless you turn the ship)

PS- as I've been saying all through this incredible thread, PLEASE TELL ME if I'm doing something wrong! Namely, if YOUR ships are firing SAM's and the 76mm automatically without having to be manually ordered to do so, tell me how to do it too, or is it a secret?
Until then, all I've said in this hallowed thread stands like irrefutable holy scripture..
PoorOldSpike is offline   Reply With Quote