Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-16-17, 08:11 AM   #5168
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Alright, insomnia (FotRSU??), so I ran the ME a few more times, since running the game hasn't gotten my anything of interest. Here's a Google Maps representation of near-as-I-could-get-it, after about 2 dozen clicks:

... and here's the game:

between about waypoints 6 & 7 of that Task Force 105 you see highlighted is the approximate area. The Task Force came through there on July 4 just about every time I ran the ME player. The Troop Convoys were more erratic, and I never have had one come out near there on the 4th yet. However, on the 3rd at about 12N, TC103 and 112 drove through each other. TC103 is 4 DD and 1 Liner. 112 has 4 DD, 2 Liner and a Supply ship. The TF105 as you can see, can vary quite a bit. TC111 also came close, and might be the one, but there is also the TC102, that the two times I've seen it run close to then, it's taking a "short-cut" that does a beeline from just outside of Tokyo south and west, mostly west, and would pass a quite bit North of the location. However, it's normal route would put it right into there, and if doing the zig-zag routing instead of the "beeline" shortcut, it may well be the one you saw. It has one Liner and 2 DD. The thing of it is, almost every Troop Convoy in the 44a layer passes through that area... only the one TaskForce though. The next closest are quite a bit South of the location... Then we could get into all the other traffic, and if you went North and West to get away, you go into a couple more TC routes, and a few Convoys... I don't think you're close enough to be having the Jap_HarborTraffic generate though. How big is your Save data (in megabytes) folder?
ok. allright. this is a start. let me dig into this after work and see what i can see. THANK YOU.

i have never used/experimented with ME. not sure why...just haven't.
what did you open in ME...a save file? the 44a_Convoy file? something else?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote