View Single Post
Old 08-16-17, 02:31 AM   #1739
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Wow, it is rather difficult to find some of what I'll call the "in-between" old stuff anymore. Must have been a 60's hangover... A lot of the good videos have been removed, and all that's left are ones that are oftentimes, rather strange, to say the least... oh well...

and another 45 I bought near the same time:

I've also noticed decline in some areas of YT music videos with suddenly disappearing swaths of clips now gone; either the RIAA and the labels are on another manhunt or the labels are seeking to bolster their stake in the streaming music area...

I do remember Frijid Pink! Great pull! The guitar sound, although the band was from Detroit, was very San Francisco Scene in nature; the guitar player sounded quite a bit like Jorma from The Jefferson Airplane. Frijid Pink's version sort of sounded to me as a sort of "Rising Sun meets White Room" hybrid. The sting "butterfly vibrato" and slides are very much like Jorma. This is a performance clip of Frijid Pink singing House Of The Rising Sun on TV:

The song has been recorded and sung by a great many artists (there's even a strange version by The Beatle on YT) and here is a live version by the great Nina Simone:

<O>