View Single Post
Old 08-15-17, 05:22 AM   #543
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Just so you know, I for at least one, have been following this and a few other SHIII posts with keen interest, but especially this one... We have SH4 FotRSU reverse-engineers at the ready to beg, borrow and plead once you've "finalized" (is a mod ever ~really~ finished?)... This looks very nice. All should be commended. |;^) - I wish I had a little more time to noodle some in SH3 and help "test" this, but alas, I'm buried - "I’ve got my country’s 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I’m swamped."

P.S.:
Thank you for your interest and encouragement propbeanie

As far as I am concerned, but I am pretty sure Kendras has no problem either, starting from now you and the other SHIV 'reverse-engineers' have full permissions granted on this mod. In fact, I wish the best parts of all the mods released so far for either of the SH games to be merged together one nice day, and to be adapted for all the games of the series

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF View Post
BTW I still haven't found the old admiralty chart symbol for lights (pre-metric chart). I had a book, "Bay of Biscay Pilot" but it's been buried somewhere under all my childrens' Uni stuff Internet is not much help.
That would be a nice addition! Keep looking for it, please MLF

Quote:
I think we should keep it. It may be an illusion, but from my tests I have the impression that when the game wind goes against the fake wind, the effect of the spray isn't as dramatic as when the game wind goes with the fake wind ie. the wind-blown spray goes further when the 2 winds are combined....? Is that possible or is it my imagination?
If that was true, IF, we would be just one step away from solving the puzzle. What if we made the Wind X, Y and Z values extremely low, in particle generator's general settings, and we correspondingly increased the WindCoef value of each bitmap particle?

Should this last attempt fail, what would be the best wind direction for the "fixed wind"? A northerly wind maybe?

Quote:
I'll post screenshots later when I test Patch 10 (most likely tonight).
Let me know your thoughts on it

Quote:
You are right of course . It's holiday time - I'll be off on mine next Tuesday Just had a down moment last night
Poetic moment: may the firm and shining light of our lighthouses lead you and your family to the destination of your well deserved holidays, and elighten your way even during your darkest moments lol

Back to work now
gap is offline   Reply With Quote