View Single Post
Old 08-10-17, 08:41 AM   #2478
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

10th August 1917

Western Front

British advance on two-mile front east of Ypres, capture remainder of Westhoek, and occupy Glencorse Wood.

French make progress east and north of Bixschoote.

Nancy bombed; French bomb Frankfurt.

Eastern Front

Mackensen beyond Susitsa river, strikes north at Romanians, always threatening rear of Russo-Romanian armies; enemy also advancing in northern Moldavia.

Political, etc.

Labour Party Conference decides, by large majority, to send delegates to Stockholm Conference.

Since the start of the war, the neutral Scandinavian nations have lost 933 ships and around 500 men due to torpedoes or mines.

Canada limits the use of beef, bacon, and white bread in public eating places and prohibits use of wheat in distillation of alcohol.

Ship Losses:

Capella I (Norway) The cargo ship was sunk in the Atlantic Ocean 130 nautical miles (240 km) west of Galway, United Kingdom by SM U-86 ( Kaiserliche Marine). Her crew survived.
Lealta (Italy) The cargo ship was sunk in the Ionian Sea (35°45′N 16°05′E) by SM U-31 ( Austro-Hungarian Navy). Her crew survived.
Margherita (Italy) The sailing vessel was sunk in the Tyrrhenian Sea by SM UC-53 ( Kaiserliche Marine).
Orion I (Norway) The auxiliary sailing vessel was scuttled in the North Sea 30 nautical miles (56 km) off Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom (57°42′N 0°45′W) by SM U-62 ( Kaiserliche Marine). Her crew survived.
Solglimt (Norway) The sailing vessel was sunk in the Atlantic Ocean 61°44′N 3°05′W) by SM U-75 ( Kaiserliche Marine). Her crew survived.
Tito Speri (Italy) The cargo ship was sunk in the Tyrrhenian Sea off Cape Palinuro, Campania (40°01′N 15°11′E) by SM UC-53 ( Kaiserliche Marine). She was beached at Pisciotto but was declared a constructive total loss.
War Patrol (United Kingdom) The cargo ship struck a mine laid by UC 69 (Erwin Waßner) and sank in the Atlantic Ocean 1 nautical mile (1.9 km) west of Penmarc'h, Finistère, France (47°48′N 4°25′W) with the loss of 14 of her 26 crew. Survivors were rescued by Taureau ( French Navy).

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote