CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback
My boys have all grown up
Nice work Capn.
There were some texture issues I had to overcome ("zeros" instead of "O's" again); the stock game texture wasn't correct for the Sen Taku (the alpha channel wasn't correct from the stock game.....which is used in the two AI subs we have, theType AM, and Sen Toku I). A few other minor re-positioning of parts, but their looking good now.

I'm going to let you tweak them with AA armaments, or personnel, if you think more is needed. My plan is to look into their having a firing torpedo, which we can add later after we've got missions for them to follow. They do a really nice job in defending themselves when enemy detection occurs! Since several of the Japanese subs had scout planes, I'm again trying to have them spawned from the unit.....there will me no harm in the files covering this, I just don't know if the planes will appear of not (again there's that "hard coded" aspect of the game that crops up when things don't work as expected, after you think everything is right!).

I'm doing some last tests in both the Museum and SingleMissions (had to make changes to the SingleMissions to account for other changes to the AI subs). I'll have a "Readme" that explains my changes, and what we need to do with the Ultimate mod to get things to work as expected (some files will need to be removed from v0.63). Should be uploaded later today into Area 51 for us to look at.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 07-28-17 at 10:38 AM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote