Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Working for me too !

Quote:
Yes, 'flickerings' are normal, and due to the movement of the sea waves. But I agree we could increase the height of the island on some precise parts, to look more than a sandbank, even if the island is very flat.
Nice picture!

Unfortunately, scaled to its correct size the island only covers two pixels of the SHIII height map lol. If you want, we can increase its general height by one or two levels of grey, but I am afraid we lack the resolution needed to raise or lower spefic areas of it

Quote:
Well, I think the shape can be improved...
I guess that Sein's outline may vary considerably from low to high tide due to the low profile of the island. The current shape was painted over openseamap's aerial photo overlay.

Here is a satellite view available on Google Maps that comes close to the one I used as template:

And here is my drawing in original size:

After drawing the island, I scaled it down by matching openseamap's coordinate grids on the template picture, with their equivalent position on SHIII's land mask. Everything was calculated/drawn to the nearest tenth of minute, that's why the lighthouses are perfectly aligned with their real positions on the island. Sure, the island looks squeezed vertically, but that's because of the well known SH world's distorsion.
We can add/remove a pixel here and there but, as far as the game is concerned, my proposition is essentially correct and your ones distorted.

Below a comparison of the island masks we have proposed so far: the current layout (top left), a new proposal by me (top right), your first drawing (bottom left), and your modified proposal with "sand banks":

gap is offline   Reply With Quote