View Single Post
Old 07-27-17, 11:03 AM   #1026
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default The misadventures of aktungbby

Went on a call last night and wound up changing my flat tire, recently installed new a month ago. Fortunately I had cleared the Oakville Grade with no cell-phone service and was back on level ground; so no need to call AAA roadside assist with a technician still awaiting my arrival. So doffing half my gear; half emptying the trunk; ...on went the new donut-tyre-in 10 minutes!;I stopped to inflate the spare that had been sitting 5 years at least...and the evening proceeded as planned! I opted to take the long level roundabout route home (hey I get mileage too) as my spare-tire options worst-case scenario-wise were now zilch. I made it home judiciously maintaining under 50 mph as recommended on a donut-spare. This AM off to the tire shop: Americas' Tire to replace my cheap Korean Sentury Touring tire as it was beyond repair. Apparently in a fit of foresight I no longer recall, I had opted for the warranty...which normally I never do. So a new tire for nothing; a minor warranty reuppance fee and a 'state required' environmental fee....$7.75 total to restore a harmonious friction-coefficient with roadway asphalt for the work-car.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote