View Single Post
Old 07-24-17, 01:23 AM   #2
NiceSub
Torpedoman

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0

I was wondering the same....

To playe a hello in some mode you read the note in the ASTAC station. For example if the combination is WWTT you put W point on map wait 2-3sec delete that waypoint, then proceed with next letter in the code...repeat the steps until you enter the code. Then you just place waypoints where you want it to go and if the mode is the one that dipps at EVERY point it will do so. Now I just did not understand the manual on how to change the modes once you have set one.

By reading the manual I got impression that when you set a hello to some sonar search mde the hello flies to the waypoint and then dipps a sonar if the mode set is the one that has dipp sonar at every waypoint.

The thing is when I put hello in sonar mode and I see him going to the waypoint and dipping he does not mark any contact. I do not understand what the point of the mode is. I had a AI run flank close to the hello and he did not mark anything, not to mention the submodes that have, as manual states, autoattack option, which I never got to work.

As for radar modes, there the hello will mark a radar contact on the map, but still no autoattack.

So we either did not understand the manual (Hello commands part is realy poorly written) or the routine is bugged.
NiceSub is offline   Reply With Quote