View Single Post
Old 07-21-17, 11:25 AM   #326
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Shells are passing through the tower without hitting ...

All your 3D models are ghosts.
No panic, I am currently working at some good damage decals

Have you finished with damage zones setting?

All the stock land units I have seen have a .zon file with a SH3ZonesCtrl controller and a damage box attached to it. I have already set up those items for our lighthouse unit and for the platform, lantern and topmark library equipments.

That is a very simplified configuration though, and I doubts it can really enable ammo damage to be taken by any unit.

Looking into Jeff's Maunsell forts, I have noticed he added a CollisonableObject controller to their zon files, as I would have thought logical also for other land units. I will add that controller to our model too.

I will also add collision spheres. They are probably not needed for ammo damage, but they will make our model 'solid' to the camera and to other objects that might collide with it (especially planes: ships will collide with the base instead, which is already collisionable thanks to the StaticObject controller).

Add to those controllers a sim file with cmdr_AI* and unit_* controllers. Again, I am not really sure that those controllers are required for damage detection, possibly not; probably not the two of them. In any case, they might be needed for enemy units to 'see' and attack our lighthouses. If that was true, we could omit the said controllers for the lighthouses that we don't want to be attacked, while still being able to damage/destroy them with our guns

Stay tuned for an update by me before dark
gap is offline   Reply With Quote