Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Not automatic in SH3.
Pity

Quote:
I don't think it's possible to add this effect to a static object, but who knows ?
I doubt it too, but if you are on it we can try. This effect would make our lighthouses so much more nice and realistic!

Quote:
The strange thing is : why doesn't it work if you use only the red circled 3D models instead of the 2 others ?
I don't know. In Sh5, collision models are the rule both for units with SH3ZonesCtrl/CollisonableObject controllers and for terrain objects using the StaticObject controller in place of the usual spheres and boxes. Digging in SHIII files, I have noticed that most objects with a StaticObject controller attached don't have collision models, so I thought the game didn't need them. That was obviously not the case for our model, don't ask me why. Luckily this afternoon I opened AntiSubNet.dat, and I got from it the clue I was missing. When I saw it had a col_ node I had an illumitation, as this prefix reminded me of analogous bones found in SH5 and connected with collision detection.

Quote:
I don't know, as this effect is also broken on my laptop. The model is only 'flashing', and that means that the effect is working.
Okay, let's wait for someone with a better hardware and artistic skills to pop up and help us with the tedious but rewarding task of finetuning those effects

If no one volunteers and we become too impatient for waiting MLF to get back to us, I might decide to once again istall the game on my computer

Quote:
You mean to the rock ?
Do you think caustics would be needed on the rock? Who would see them? IMO they would be a waste of computer resources, and not very realsitic anyway. In theory the effect should be visible above water more than below water (which is not the case apparently, we will discover why). I was wondering wether to add the effect to the main lighthouse structure (LLH_LaPlate.dat), but again, that would probably be too high on the sea surface for realistically receiving caustics (in real life)... Do you agree?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote