gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
So Kendras, my new update is ready
Quote:
I am waiting for your updates
Sorry, I got very lazy this afternoon.

After testing sounds and collision solutions, I switched to the rockets mod, going on writting the readme, and searching for pics to illustrate it.

Back to our subject :

We need to add a new line into Sh3.sdl, even if the sound already exists. It must start with 'Land.' instead of 'Submarine.'. I don't like this sound very much, but it's still better than the ambient sound of buoys.

Quote:
Change log:
  • I have added/removed from our files empty, unknown, start, end, index, eof chunks to reflect similar stock files. I don't think those chunks make a big difference, but you never know...
  • Following the example provided by SHIII antisub nets, I have made the rock and base models in the library file child to two newly added col_* nodes with collision meshes linked to them. The placement nodes of the dummy rock, in the Terrain/Locations folder now point to these col_* nodes, rather than pointing directly to the visible models.
    Shouldn't that work, I will make one last attempt at fixing the collison of those mpdels, and I will set them as I would in SH5. If also this last attempt will fail, I swear I will leave the struggle to you, and I won't deal again with that controller in my life
  • While digging into AntiSubNet.dat in SHIII's Library folder, I have noticed it got a Caustics controller, so I decided to restore back the controller in our files, but this time it is linked to the base model in the library file, not to the main lighthouse model.
It seems that it's working. I hit something, but what ?

Quote:
  • I have set all the WaterReflections controller per MLF settings. This should improve their look. If you or MLF want to further improve them, making them more "zigzagged", please go for it!
  • I deleted the WaterReflection controller from the light effect as it made the game to CTD, but I have also made a copy of the file with the WaterReflection controller but without the RayTracedController one. This file was placed in a 'light reflection' subfolder of the main mod folder. Can you please test it, and tell us which version gives the best results.
I can't check that. My laptop's graphics card doesn't render reflections correctly.

Quote:
  • Lastly, I have edited the lighthouse icon as per our discussion of this afternoon. I hope you like it.
Yeah, perfect :