View Single Post
Old 07-19-17, 06:01 AM   #48
banryu79
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadriss View Post
DW isn't bad at all, actually. I was hoping that CW would be able to step into it's place, but it is obvious it was developed more as an 'arcadey' kind of game than a simulator. Not banging on it for that, please don't get me wrong. It's still fun, I just run into frustrations because I know what I should be seeing or getting from my 'operators' in the game, and they aren't there.

Chalk it up to actual knowledge getting in the way of simplified expression, if you will.
Well, it always depends on the design of the game and in what it try to capture (what kind of gameplay it aims to deliver).
In this respect my opinion is that comparing DW with CW is like comparing apples with oranges because CW abstract/simplifies more from the "minutiae" of sensor data analysis and TMA procedures to deliver to the user a more "pre-digest tactical picture".

You still have to worry about ambient acustic conditions, enemy platform capabilities (with some nice values about your and their sensors capabilities somewhat updated to factor in the current realtimetactical situation), weapons capabilities and so on and so forth and condense everything to correctly perceive the risks, make informated guesses and finally take sound tactical decisions.

all of this without the difficult of multitasking of role you have in DW.
I bet the CW gameplay (I still haven't played it but I have both played RSR and DW) give you the feel of being the CO more than DW (where instead I sometimes have the feeling of being multiple peolpe or a single schizofrenic operator, lol).

Also, I think the user base for a game like CW is more ample than the one for DW.

They are two different games.
banryu79 is offline   Reply With Quote