View Single Post
Old 07-18-17, 01:25 PM   #269
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF View Post
I added the controller to node 12 LaPlate_Platform in the lighthouse_Parts.dat - didn't see any noticble difference but I think possibly I am misunderstanding the term "platform" again.
The yellow three-legged turret with stairs on a side, the big gas bottle under it, and lantern and topmark on top

Quote:
I cannot see the light through the structure of the lighthouse before or after so presumably it's what shows in my screenshot below (the white area under the platform) that you want rid of?
Exactly: the whitish halo covering the back half of pltform's bottom side. That's just a detail, but I am a perfectionist: I we can fix this glitch, why not? If we can't, well, we will live with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
The screen shot was taken after I added the controller as above. Should I be adding it somewhere else - I've never used this controller so.......
Quote:
What is the RayTracedHalo controller useful for ?
I don't know much abot this controller: I was looking at Kendras' light effect, and I noticed that the controller had two states: one for glowing light (True) and one for obstacle (False). I was curious and I made a quick search. The sparse information I got from it, induced me to think that we could use the controller to iron out the glitch described above, but unfortunately I don't know much more of what you can read from the link above. Maybe Anvart, Jeff Grooves or some other old timer might... cast some light on the topic

Quote:
Lapping waves? Hope I never get that close

Quote:

Fog Horn?

Sure, this is an idea I had before. Where there must be fog horns, there will fog horns. That's not the case of the Petite Vieille though

Talking about your idea, a while ago I looked for a way to link the playing of a certain sound to a particular weather state. Unfortunately I couldn't find any clue. Ideas?

Quote:
About the icon, here how it looks with your .tga resized at 20 % :

and in game (the other icon on the right is La Vieille lighthouse (with correct coordinates), and the small bar on the left is my submarine) :

I see what you mean Kendras: they still look super big, but they already look awfully jagged. I think I might have a solution for that, but before I can say more I need you to test both icons included in my new release, and to report back with the results and with your impressions
gap is offline   Reply With Quote