View Single Post
Old 07-18-17, 08:47 AM   #257
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF View Post
I did a little research last night and I believe the model I converted is the Aniva Rock Lighthouse:-
Good finding, it must be that!
Pity that its geographical position puts it out of U-boat reach

Quote:
You are using controller 10/-1 as am I, with a child node of 6/0 WaterReflection property yet the one I use has this added parameter.....very strange.
Obviously ther are two different types of parameter chunks for the WaterReflection controller. I wonder if the one with the additional MaxVisDistance parameter, has any impact on the quality of reflections though I don't think so...

Quote:
None of my textures have the DX2/3 compression checked - I seem to recall a post somewhere where this was stated as causing a problem?????
I am pretty sure that that flag being checked was the main cause of reflections looking so faint

Quote:
I have amended the reflection propertie's parameters, and also removed the DX2/3 compression checks on all nodes in LLH_LaPlate.dat and Lighthouse_Parts.dat. In my view the reflection now looks stronger bringing the light house into the sea rather than on it?
Amazing

Maybe reflections now are even a bit too strong lol, what do you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Nice.

Could you also add some reflections nodes for the sub parts ?
Quote:
I added the reflections to all nodes in the lighthouse_Parts.dat
Am I missing something? I thought I had already added those nodes to all the library subparts

Quote:
when I zoom in on the reflection they are there, but fainter, possibly because they are further away from the sea which is possibly more realistic than having the reflections all the same strength.
That sounds reasonable
gap is offline   Reply With Quote