View Single Post
Old 07-11-17, 01:10 PM   #185
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

New version of the Tourelle de La Plate:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/g4gj95...de_La_Plate.7z

This new release should add the lantern with a light effect and the top mark on top of the lighthouse. A few notes:

1. I couldn't open your edited texture (I don't have PaintNet), but I temporarily removed the alpha channel from my copy, and I moved it from the TLowRes to the TNormal folder. I hope for the moment these changes will work. I think I have seen how to correctly set a specular mask in SHIII, and hopefully it will be implemented in one of the next releases.

2. The top mark and the lantern are stored in a library file and they are linked to the main model through equipment file. I have set the lantern to disappear sterting from 25 June 1940 (start of the German occupation). Try to set a mission before and a second mission a few months after this date, and see if eqp file settings are applied as expected.

3. A generic lighthouse flare effect (I think I borrowed it from FlakMonkey's lighthouse), was stored in a second library file and linked to the lantern equipment through placement node. If this method works, we will be able to use the same light effect on several lighthouses without need of cloning it every time. I am a bit worried that this particular light effect might not work though, due to it being designed for SHIV. Should the game crash on mission loading, try removing the placement node.

4. I let to you the editing of light effects. Currently the light has "nine very quick white flashes every 10 s"; see the picture below for a schematic exempification of Cardinal West lights:

I think such an effect can be achieved in game through over-life particle generator properties. It is also to be noted that in 1911 the light was fixed and green, though I have no information how long this type of illumination lasted. We could as well adopt it but, if we do, we should also switch to a green or black/green texture rather than the black/yellow currently in use
gap is offline   Reply With Quote