View Single Post
Old 07-01-17, 08:45 AM   #4818
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
I'm apparently in the same boat with PhotoBucket!!

I have a PM from "THEBERBSTER" this morning that asked me to do something about this same issue....my pictures for the "[TEC] Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install" have all vanished with the same image as you see above!!

I've never pushed my images for third party use, however apparently someone else has (maybe pushing my tutorial along as a third party?!?) and poof my pictures are being held for ransom too!!

I notice so far, these genius folks haven't yet caught up with my signature or other images in this thread, as they have with the Windows 10 Tutorial!? But, I bet they'll screw them over too.

Double R you say you're moving your images over to Google?

==================

Oop's I spoke too soon, just an hour later and my signature image is gone! I see my 'ol "Popeye" image is still up...for now!

Just wanted to look at what the "ransom" from Photobucket was........$399.00 for a year's subscription! Sounds reasonable doesn't it!?!
Yes, moving all photos from Photobucket to Google Photos. Photobucket has made that a tedious process. Use the Download Album function. It will fling you into the Captcha from Hell, then not work half the time. I suspect there are so many people doing what I'm doing that their system is a bit overwhelmed. Dodging all the ads which pop up in relation to your mouse position so they interrupt your work is also "fun."

It will take awhile, but I'll get them all moved over. Part 2 of my action is leaving every cancelled pic post as is with Photobucket message so those pics serve as tombstones for Photobucket, showing one and all that they can't be trusted. We were worried about WannaCry ransomware, wanting our $300. Photobucket ransomware wants $99 more PER YEAR. Photobucket, go to hell, go directly to hell, do not pass GO, do not collect $399.

I'm then importing the pics into Google Photos, one folder at a time. That allows me to upload all the pics from a folder. Then Google Photos wants to know if you want to put those pics you just uploaded into an album. I say yes, make a new one, name it the same as my old Photobucket Album, hit the check mark and go to the the next album.

I will restore the graphics on my signature. But I think it's important to leave Photobucket's tombstones everywhere to warn others.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 07-01-17 at 10:18 AM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote