View Single Post
Old 06-27-17, 12:35 PM   #4775
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immelmann View Post
I'm going to point out some things that must be hard coded and are therefore untouchable by modding the game. I'm thinking this must be the case because otherwise someone would have been addressed these things with a mod a long time ago. Surely somewhere in the last ten years. Please confirm for me that these issues are with us to stay and cannot be altered.

Saved games. I save a game under a certain state of conditions. On a certain course and with a certain speed set on the engines. Submerged or surfaced makes no difference.

When I reload the saved game I find that I have to reset the desired engine speed. I have re-order return to course or I will just sail in the direction the nose of the boat is pointed. I have to reset all my torpedoes to high speed option. I have to reset all my radars to longest range. I have to move my clock back to the position on the screen that I like it to be.

So a saved game does not save all game parameters. Correct? And this is hard coded and cannot be changed. Correct?

Thank you.
Everything you are afraid of is true. Inexplicably, inexcusably true. Our game devs were not the sharpest pencils in the box.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote