View Single Post
Old 06-23-17, 10:33 AM   #1
Knickwall
Nub

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0
Default Moin Moin!

Ahoy everyone,

just a wee (or possibly longer) introduction of myself: I am a landlubber at heart, despite coming from northern Germany (hence the greeting in the thread title), and this is very much reflected in my usual, non-naval-focused, gaming interests. Despite this, I have always had a fascination with submarine sims (starting with SH II and then moving over to SH III when it was released). Admittedly, I like these games more for atmospheric than for historical reasons, and I still can't tell a type II and type VII u-boat apart. I love the thrill of the chase, the suspense of being chased, and the fact that I get to brush up on my maths and trigonometry while aiming torpedoes at unsuspecting ships. Being very much a multiplayer gamer I don't have a lot of experience with the Silent Hunter campaign(s), and I have enormous hopes for the HMS Marulken/Wolf Pack project. It is my understanding that this game is in development in cooperation with members of the subsim crew, so a big thank you to everyone involved for hopefully making this a reality!

I look forward to reading and learning more about submarines, their history, and all the related mods and games out there, and spending some time in this awesomely vibrant community

Knickwall is offline   Reply With Quote